Welcome to Sweet Tooth Pediatric Dentistry, where we prioritize the dental health of our littlest patients. Led by Dr. Chelsea Zamudio, our clinic offers fluoride treatments in Wausau that prevent tooth decay and strengthen the enamel of primary and permanent teeth. Let us help your child maintain a healthy, happy smile for years!
Fluoride: The Magic Mineral For Teeth
Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral in soil, water, and certain foods. It is known for preventing tooth decay by strengthening tooth enamel, the hard outer layer of the teeth. Fluoride works by remineralizing weak spots on the teeth, making them more resistant to acid attacks from bacteria. This mineral is safe and effective when used in appropriate amounts and has been endorsed by numerous health organizations for its role in improving oral health.
Boost Dental Strength With Fluoride Treatments
Fluoride treatment is a simple and painless procedure that involves applying a concentrated dose of fluoride to the teeth. This treatment can be a gel, foam, or varnish administered during routine dental check-ups. This treatment strengthens enamel, prevents tooth decay, and reverses early signs of decay before. Fluoride treatments in Wausau are quick and easy treatments and are especially beneficial for children still developing their oral hygiene and may be at a higher risk for developing cavities.
Advantages of Fluoride Treatments:
- Prevent tooth decay and cavities
- Strengthen tooth enamel
- Safe, simple, and painless procedure
- Quick and easy treatment
- Cost-effective preventative dental care measure
- Suitable for patients of all ages, especially children and teenagers
- Can reduce the need for more invasive dental procedures in the future
Tips for Fluoride Use & Dental Health:
- Ensure your child gets enough fluoride from their diet, fluoridated water, and toothpaste
- Consult with your dentist about whether your child needs fluoride supplements
- Follow the recommended fluoride treatment schedule recommended by your dentist
- Encourage your child to brush their teeth twice a day using fluoride toothpaste
- Teach your child to spit out the toothpaste instead of swallowing it
- Supervise your child’s brushing to ensure they are using the proper technique
- Avoid sugary and acidic foods and drinks that can damage the teeth
- Encourage your child to drink plenty of water to promote good oral health
- Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings
For more information on how fluoride treatments in Wausau can help you, contact us today!
The Fluoride Treatment Session: What to Expect?
When you bring your child for a fluoride treatment, you can expect a quick and easy procedure. Your child’s teeth will be cleaned and dried to prepare them for the fluoride treatment. The fluoride solution will be applied to the teeth using a brush, foam, or varnish. Your child will be asked to keep their mouth open for a few minutes to allow the fluoride to penetrate the enamel. Finally, your child will be asked to avoid eating or drinking for at least 30 minutes.
What Happens After Fluoride Treatment?
After a fluoride treatment, your child can resume their regular activities immediately. However, your child should avoid eating or drinking for at least 30 minutes to allow the fluoride to fully absorb into the teeth. They may experience mild nausea or an upset stomach, but these should subside quickly. It’s essential to maintain good oral hygiene habits, such as brushing and flossing regularly, to ensure the continued health of your child’s teeth.
Why Choose Sweet Tooth?
Sweet Tooth Pediatric Dentistry in Wausau is committed to providing the highest quality dental care for children of all ages. With a focus on preventative dentistry, our clinic offers fluoride treatments in Wausau that are safe, effective, and designed to strengthen tooth enamel and prevent decay. Led by Dr. Zamudio, our team of experienced dental professionals understands the unique needs of young patients and strives to make every visit a positive experience. Contact us to schedule a consultation and learn about our comprehensive pediatric dental services.